Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

My Mothers Coat : Poem Remade


As a infant
I remember feeling warm
covered
in my Mum’s coat
I think I looked
absurd,
big buttons
emerging from the folds
that was the only thing
there for me   



I’d always commemorate
Its uncommon threads
Amazing and boorish
its Tenderness
negate their clout
its tivaevae-like board
of light thin fibre
An active amour
across harsh winters
The colours loud
Screaming for consideration
and capacity

My mum constantly wore
the coat with Delight

undaunted
by its climax aftermath
outlining her out
in a Papaa circle
But combined appealing
at each puputuanga


I do commemorate
with adolescent antipathy
abandon my mum’s coat
“not for me”
the abhorrent design
bizarre colours
and a stiff fit
I didn’t want
to be striking
If only I knew then
What I know right
now



She wears it always
Her jewelry of ego
dazzling and blazing
and not long ago
I tested it
after abounding years
admitting it’s not “really me”
It’s because of mum
I can definitely
sew my own




Hope you enjoy/ understand my poem!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.