Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey Day 6


Day 6 - Activities 1 - 3

Activity 1: For all Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, the athletes from each country must wear a special uniform. The uniforms change each year. Look at the 3 pictures posted below. They are pictures of the uniforms that our New Zealand Olympic teams wore in 2012, 2008 and 2004. For this activity, you are asked to rank the uniforms from best (#1) to worst (#3). On your blog post your rankings and provide a brief explanation of why you ranked the uniforms in that order.
  1. New Zealand Team Uniform – London Olympics 2012
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\2012 NZ Uniform.jpg
          2.   New Zealand Team Uniform – Beijing Olympics 2008
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\2008 Beijing Olympics uniform.jpg

   3.     New Zealand Olympic Team Uniform – Athens Olympics 2004

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Athens Olympics uniform (2004).jpg

# 1 I have chosen the 2004 uniform for New Zealand because it is very unique and it actually looks like New Zealanders.

# 2 I have chosen the 2008 uniform to be second because it had New Zealand features and is unique.

# 3 The third one is London Olympics. I would understand why they have picked that but I have actually recommended #1 & #2

Activity 2: The opening ceremonies for every Olympic Games must include formal speeches, a parade of athletes, songs and dances that showcase the culture of the host country. Follow this link to watch the highlights of opening ceremonies for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, England.

In the opening ceremony for the London Olympics there were a number of famous English people including the Queen, the Spice Girls, David Bowie, U2, the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney. Imagine that we were going to host the Olympics here in New Zealand in 2024 and you were invited to be on the committee that decides who is invited to participate in the opening ceremonies. As a member of the group you must choose one of the following people to be in the opening ceremony: Richie McCaw (rugby player), Lorde (singer), Kane Williamson (cricket player), Maria Tutaia (netball player), John Key (prime minister of New Zealand) or Shaun Johnson (league player). On your blog, tell us who you think is the best person to choose and explain why you think that they are the best choice!

I would pick Maria Tutaia because I would be an absolute honor to be hosting the Olympics with her. She is my all time favourite Netball Player, I would definitely be more confident to speak with her.

Bonus: Imagine that you are sitting in the crowd at the opening ceremonies for the Rio Olympics this August. The ceremony has just started and all of the Olympic athletes are parading around the stadium in their uniforms when all of a sudden…

In your blog, write an ending to this short story. It should be approximately 10-20 sentences long.

The ceremony has just started and all of the Olympic athletes are parading around the stadium in their uniforms when all of a sudden an invisible white string was placed around the parade stadium. Olympic athletes had led them to fall down brutally. Nervousness and fright came to all athletes as their uniforms were ruined. Most countries had a protest about finding out who had did that mystery thing that had wrecked their amazing costumes. I sat there looking sad & frustrated so I had decided I would find the person who actually put the string there.

I wandered around finding the most suspicious thing I could see, but nothing was to be found.. until, a little girl walked past with a green mask and I had heard something fishy about a little girl in a mask. I walked very slowly making sure no one  was focusing on me, looking at her, suspiciously but also with caution.

A little while later, the little girl saw me walking towards her and I had panicked, she had a very long piece of white string which was nearly invisible, so I kept walking and she decided to walk away. Walking closer and closer she looked at me but when she looked at me, no nervousness came to her face, “What are you doing”, “Why are you holding that string and why are you alone?” I said. “I have been assigned to put a string for the parade for the athletes to not pass but I just noticed that they had feel, this is all my fault”, the girl said (Evangeline). “ We really need to sort this out, let's…”, “GO!” I said with Evangeline rudely interrupting.

Making sure every athlete was ok, Evangeline had apologized and we all decide to pass the Olympics and change the dates. Everyone agreed, especially I did. It was a very fun experience trying to be an investigator. We went home happily and couldn’t wait for the next dates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.