Pages

Thursday 29 December 2016

SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey Day 13 Week 3

Day 13 – La, La, La...
Although you had a very restful day yesterday watching TV you have woken up feeling quite tired. You decide to turn on the radio and listen to some music before you get up and get on with your day. When you turn on the radio, the first song that you hear is one by Justin Bieber, a musician from Canada.
Activity 1
Justin Bieber is arguably one of the most famous musicians in the world right now. He has had (#) of Number 1 hits, including the songs:
Watch the three videos. After you have finished watching them, rank them from #1 (best) to #3 (worst). On your blog, list the three videos in order from best to work and tell us why you have ranked them in that order.
I’d rank #1 ~ Sorry by Justin Beiber because, I, personally love Parris Goebel, her group and dances, it’s really amazing!
#2 ~ Love Yourself because also the same as above ( I love, love, love dancing and all the moves) it is quite funny.

#3 ~ Baby, I’m not really feeling that type of ‘vibes’ yet so I have placed this 3rd!
Activity 2
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\WOMAD logo.jpg
Source: http://www.portableroadways.com/countdown-to-womad/
Every year there is a huge music festival held in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is called WOMAD. WOMAD stands for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance.’ The festival began in 1980 and there are WOMAD festivals held every year in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Spain, Italy and The United Arab Emirates. They attract singers and performers from all around the world. Imagine that you are on the WOMAD organising committee for next year. Which two musicians/bands would you invite to perform? On your blog tell us the names of the two musicians/bands and tell us a bit about them. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play?
Six60 ~ Because they are an amazing New Zealand Band! Their group has five members and they were formed/created, in 2008! I absolutely love their type of music, it has a nice beat or sway of lyrics (If that makes sense?!) I'm quite sure that most citizens of New Zealand would know who they are but just putting them out there! (The Genres of Music are : Soul, Electronica, Drum and Bass, Pock Rock and R & B).

I don't have another one but, from my own personal opinion I would say we should search for an musician/bands throughout the earth! Eg : Like Africa or anywhere around those areas.
Bonus Activity
There are literally dozens of different types (‘genres’) of music in the world, including classical, rock ‘n roll, Rhythm & Blues (R&B), pop, hip hop, rap, jazz, etc. Some musicians play on their own and some play as part of a band. Arguably, the most influential band of all time is The Beatles. They were a rock band from Liverpool, England.
Dozens of movies have been made about the band. The most recent was a documentary called ‘The Beatles: 8 Days a Week – The Touring Years.’ Watch the trailer for this movie.
After you have finished, tell us two things that you learned about the Beatles from watching this trailer. They can be any two interesting facts!

* The Beatles members started to feel quite fed up & decided they would like to move around. “It was evolving, changing and we were with it”
* The Beatles were like a unit, they took care of each other and it had became brotherhood!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

It sounds as though you really enjoy listening to music! Do you like to sing yourself? Do you play any instruments?

Our grandson, Aronui, just loves to sing. He sings to himself all of the time. He's 6 years old but seems to know the lyrics to a lot of songs!! I think he'll be part of a choir or band when he gets a little older. Do you wish to do that?

I sing in a choir in my small town of Almonte, Ontario, Canada. It's a great group of friends who have sung together for about 15 years. We actually had a number of new members join us this year - I think that's because we seem to have so much fun when we sing. It's infectious!

The Beatles were such a famous band that my sister went to one of their concerts in the 1960's. She was madly in love with John Lennon at the time (or perhaps it was Paul McCartney that she had a crush on). I remember having big posters in our bedroom with their photos on them.

As a band they didn't play together too too long but they continued to be very famous as individual performers as they were so talented. There are just 2 of the 4 band members still alive now.

I hope you'll continue to enjoy music your whole life. I'm glad that you're interested in listening to musicians from around the world. There are many many talented people to listen to, aren't there??

I'm enjoying your postings!!

Leslie

Unknown said...

Hi Aaliyahna,

It sounds as though you really enjoy listening to music! Do you like to sing yourself? Do you play any instruments?

Our grandson, Aronui, just loves to sing. He sings to himself all of the time. He's 6 years old but seems to know the lyrics to a lot of songs!! I think he'll be part of a choir or band when he gets a little older. Do you wish to do that?

I sing in a choir in my small town of Almonte, Ontario, Canada. It's a great group of friends who have sung together for about 15 years. We actually had a number of new members join us this year - I think that's because we seem to have so much fun when we sing. It's infectious!

The Beatles were such a famous band that my sister went to one of their concerts in the 1960's. She was madly in love with John Lennon at the time (or perhaps it was Paul McCartney that she had a crush on). I remember having big posters in our bedroom with their photos on them.

As a band they didn't play together too too long but they continued to be very famous as individual performers as they were so talented. There are just 2 of the 4 band members still alive now.

I hope you'll continue to enjoy music your whole life. I'm glad that you're interested in listening to musicians from around the world. There are many many talented people to listen to, aren't there??

I'm enjoying your postings!!

Leslie

Kelsey said...

Hello Aaliyahna, how are you? I too enjoyed reading about your musical choices and preferences. As it happens, I am Leslie's sister and I saw the Beatles live in Toronto in 1964 and 1965, when I was just a bit older than you are. Those concerts were just about the most exciting times I ever had! Music is great because you can share the experience with so many other people.

Sounds as though you enjoy dancing as well as music, that's great. Are there other activities you like? Do you play sports, or an instrument, do you enjoy reading or maybe a particular sport?

Enjoy your blog, keep up the good work!

Kelsey

Aaliyahna M said...

Hi Leslie & Kelsey, I am indeed I "Abolutely" love music and dances! My parents do say I sing -like a lot but I just think I sing avergaely! I am so pleased for the feedback on my work and I will be posting my next SLJ ~ Summer Learning Journey days. Sorry for the late reply.

PS: Have an amazing New Year and may your family be blessed for the New Year to come.

Cheers,
Aaliyahna

Unknown said...

Kia ora Aaliyahna!

I had to look up who you were talking about! I didn't know Parris had moved into making her own music too, that is very cool!

I agree with Six60 too. If I could choose someone to come to NZ for New Years it would probably be Calvin Harris because I know a lot of people like dancing to his music.

The Beatles have always been very interesting and their music is still cool today, which is pretty amazing really.

I hope you had a good New Years!

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.