Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Te Reo Reflection๐Ÿ“Œ๐Ÿ˜

Today, during Te Reo, we only had 10 minutes to learn this phrase..
"Whaia te iti kahurangi, ki te tuohu koe me he maunga teitei" 
and we had to skim and scan the phase and see if there were any familiar Maori words that we recognized. I recognized, "Kahurangi & Maunga". At first, I didn't really know what Kahurangi was, I had just known, since AGGS (Auckland Girls Grammar) have Kahurangi. Maunga, means mountain which I had already knew.
Tamati & Ash, had a small disscuccion and explained, some of the words including, 'the'. Eventually, Miss Ogram told us the actually phrase in English.."Seek that which is most precious, if you should bow let it be to a lofty mountain".

Image result for maori mountain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.