Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Day #5: One Step at a Time… : Activity 1

Day #5: One Step at a Time…
After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png
After I was surrounded, in the bleak forest, searching for my crew and Curious Kiwi, I shuffled quite rapid, after seeing all the tree shadows, thinking I was being followed. I rushed so swiftly, that I dropped majority of my essential items, including my lollies! I saw so many creatures there, heard so many prodigious sounds and explored to the maximum of my desire, that I even forgot I had lost my crew and Curious Kiwi. I was devastated when I saw shades or orange, bumblebee (yellow) and bubblegum! I had realized it was morning and I hadn't seen my crew or Curious Kiwi, I thought of so many ideas to signal where I am but I got distracted with this amazing scenery. I searched and searched, but still nothing, until I started a fire which created smoke and could indicate where I could be. I waited, approximately, one full hour until the fire blew out, from the gusty winds, and decided to follow my trail I had left, before I ended up here. 20 minutes later, I found my delectable sweets and stress ate (basically, I ate the whole pack!). Suddenly I felt a grasp, just above my wrist and hastily looked behind in horror but ease. "Boo", screamed my crew and Curious Kiwi, while wearing pigmented black horror masks! I was so scared, I broke out by plunging my fists together and preparing to punch, until Curious Kiwi, shouted "It's us and we pranked you", I was confused then, but further realized why I had seen shadows, but I didn't get why wait until the sun was here. "This story, shall not be told, ANYWHERE!" I firmly told my crew and Curious Kiwi, while we laughed immensely and started walking towards our tour bus.


(I would like to apologize for not posting earlier and the extra sentences!)

5 comments:

Telesia said...

Ciao Aaliyahna,

I loved reading your story. It had loads of describing words and I learnt a lot of new words that I could maybe use in my writing.

Keep up the amazing work!

-Telesia

cherise said...

WOOWWW
Aaliyahna hahahah it said to do 8-10 lines and instead you do 18-20 hahahah but nice job and I think you handled yourself
NICE
CHERSISE

Aaliyahna M said...

Hola Telesia & Cherise!!

Thank you both so much! Yes, those words would be impeccable fore writing, maybe you could ask your sister for some help!
Cherise AHA, yes I just needed to add a little bit of detail into my work, you know? I enjoyed reading yours and I will be sure to comment on your blogs! Keep up the finest work!

Kindest Regards,

Aaliyahna:)

daniel said...

Hi Aaliyahna
Your story made me crack up, especially when you wrote about Curious kiwi and your crew wearing horror masks! Keep up the amazing work.
Daniel

Luisa said...

Hiyaa!,

Superb work!!. Your'e story was very captivating and was quite funny!. You've including alot of excellent vocab which made your story even more appealing to read!. Keep it up!.

Kind regards,
Luisa

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.